The scalable PAD-Manager software can be used by single stations broadcasting a single DLS service, through to large multi-station installations, with complex data processing.
Data content can be imported in a number of formats. For other formats, please contact VDL.
- RSS version 1.0 and 2.0
- PAD-Manager Rapid Push XML API format
- Automation/playout systems
- Programme schedules from VDL Guide EPG-Manager
The content, DAB DLS (including Intellitext) and DAB Slideshow, is stored centrally on the PAD-Manager, which delivers the output data streams to the PAD-Inserter on a VDL D-VAUDAX Multiplexer, or VDL PAD-Server. Individual users connect to the PAD-Manager from their own local or remote PC using Rapid client software. The easy-to-use client software minimises the training requirements for radio station users.
PAD-Manager provides extensive control over DLS and Slideshow messages. This enables broadcasters to build complex DLS and Slideshow services, combining now playing information with news, travel, weather, advertising and competition messages.
Advanced Content Management
PAD-Manager Rapid software includes a number of advanced features for managing automation/playout feeds.
- For broadcasters with radio stations that broadcast from multiple studios and/or include network programming, PAD-Manager includes a comprehensive feed mixer for incoming playout feeds.
- This feature allows PAD-Manager to either combine data from multiple feeds, or switch between different feeds, to produce a final playout feed.
- PAD-Manager can be interfaced with an audio switching system to automatically switch between studio sources.
- To compensate for studio delay systems, PAD-Manager can delay the incoming playout feed, either by a fixed amount of time, or a variable amount, based on time-zone.
- Additional information can be added to an incoming playout feed, such as images from a radio stations’ database.